Court of the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury
Step By Step
1. First search each index (see below) to help you more quickly find the will or administration (admon), writing down each detail cited in the indexed entry.
2. Proceed to the "Records" (below) to determine what probate records exist for this court.
3. Contact or visit the Wiltshire Record Office or, hire a professional record searcher to view these records on your behalf. Officials may send upon request a list of record searchers.
4. Visit The Family History Library or, one of its 4,500 satellite family history centers worldwide and search indexes to probate records; then with the information obtained from the index[es] you can search more quickly the original wills and admons also on microfilm via any centers near you.
Here are two websites providing online indexes to Wiltshire Wills:
- The Wiltshire County Record Office's online Will Index 1540-1858
- Genuki provides a gateway to these 1000 abstract Wills
Printed and Published Indexes
The original records are deposited at the Wiltshire and Swindon Archives and History Centre.
Add information about the manuscript, printed and digital records in this location.
- Original wills, administrations and inventories, 1600-1857
Family History Library Records
This court had jurisdiction in Stourpaine in Dorset. Jurisdiction uninhibited.