County Wicklow Societies
|County Wicklow Wiki Topics|
|County Wicklow Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Bray Cualann History Society
The Royal Hotel
Bray A98 F8D3
Telephone: 087 2309185
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Bray Cualann History Society
Website #2: Bray Cualann History Society
- The Society is dedicated to preserving, and informing the public of, the history of Bray, North Wicklow, and South Co. Dublin.
Old Kilnenor Historical Society
May Byrne Trust House
Telephone: 085 7753 772
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Old Kilnenor Historical Society
Website #2: Old Kilnenor Historical Society
Future website: Old Kilnenor Historical Society
- One of the aims of the Society is to encompass the North Wexford and South Wicklow areas as no one location can tell the full story of our rich local history.
- The aim of Blessington History Society is to promote an interest in the history and heritage of the local area, including an interest in family genealogy.
Enniskerry History Society
Powerscourt Arms Hotel
Telephone: 086 358 6758/01 286 7853
Website: Enniskerry History Society
Greystones Archaeological & Historical Society
The Family Centre
Holy Rosary Church
Telephone: 087 2729874/086 3061855
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Greystones Archaeological & Historical Society
Website #2: Greystones Archaeological & Historical Society
Website #3: Greystones Archaeological & Historical Society
- The objectives of the Society are broadly to actively promote interest in, and awareness of, the North Wicklow archaeological/historical heritage; preserve and protect the sites of Archaeological and Historical interest in the North Wicklow area; and gather and record information relevant to local archaeology, genealogy and local history, and to publish this information.
Kilmacanogue History Society
Glen of the Downs
Glen of The Downs A63 DC95
Telephone: 087 244 8704
Website: Kilmacanogue History Society
Website #2: Kilmacanogue History Society
- Our aim is to promote the collection, preservation, and communication of the cultural heritage of the Kilmacanogue area and its environs.
Rathdrum Historical Society
Avondale Community College
Website: Rathdrum Historical Society
- Founded in 1987, Rathdrum Historical Society has brought the history of the area to the attention of the public and continue to produce journals.
Roundwood & District Historical & Folklore Society
Kavanagh's Vartry House
Website: Roundwood & District Historical & Folklore Society
Website #2: Roundwood & District Historical & Folklore Society
- Committed to gathering, recording, & disseminating information relating to the history & folklore of Roundwood & Environs for 30 years!
- The West Wicklow Historical Society is for people interested in the heritage of the western half of Co. Wicklow. The aim of the society is to foster an interest in local and national history from prehistoric times to the recent times. The society does not hold any resources. It hosts lectures and events in West Wicklow and environs at irregular intervals during the year. It publishes a journal every two years. Back issues may be purchased online through the Blessington Book Store.
- Our mission statement is the promotion and protection of Wicklow and district heritage, folklore, and history.