County Meath Societies
|County Meath Wiki Topics|
|County Meath Record Types|
|Ireland Record Types|
|Local Research Resources|
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources, or support its efforts.
Addresses of the societies are for the most part where their meetings are held as they are by-and-large not brick-and-mortar institutions.
Meath Societies[edit | edit source]
Ashbourne Historical Society
Kelly's Bar & Lounge
Email #2: email@example.com
Website: Ashbourne Historical Society
Website #2: Ashbourne Historical Society
- Established in 1994, the Ashbourne Historical Society is a voluntary group of individuals who are interested the history of Ashbourne and its environs.
Dunshaughlin Historical Society
Dunshaughlin Pastoral Centre
Telephone: 087 3980175
Website: Dunshaughlin Historical Society
Meath Archaeological & Historical Society
Annebrook House Hotel
Austin Friars St
Telephone: 087 4119633/01 8259438
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email #3: email@example.com
Website: Meath Archaeological & Historical Society
Website #2: Meath Archaeological & Historical Society
- The object of the Society shall be to locate, preserve, examine, publish and illustrate the antiquities, records and traditions connected with the territory comprised within the ancient Kingdom of Meath, corresponding in the main with the modern Diocese of Meath.
Moylagh Historical Society
Website: Moylagh Historical Society
- Moylagh Historical Society was formed in 2006 and aims to inform and entertain people with regard to some important aspects of local history.
Navan & District Historical Society
Telephone: 046 9023257
Email #2: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Navan & District Historical Society
Website #2: Navan & District Historical Society
- The aims of the Society shall be to locate, record, preserve, examine, and illustrate the antiquities of the Navan and District area.
- Old Dunboyne Society endeavours to record, preserve, and share the heritage and history of our community, in the hope of fostering a greater appreciation of its character for all its inhabitants, native and new.
Rathfeigh Historical Society
Telephone: 087 6200932
Email #2: email@example.com
Email #3: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: Rathfeigh Historical Society
Website #2: Rathfeigh Historical Society
- The Rathfeigh Historical Society, covering county Meath towns of Skryne, Rathfeigh, and Tara, was founded to preserve and record the history of the county of Meath. Since the society's foundation in 1987 we have researched, preserved, and recorded the local heritage.
St Ultans Historical Society Inc Bohermeen-Boyerstown-Cortown
Bohermeen Community Centre
Telephone: 086 0792580
Website: St Ultans Historical Society Inc Bohermeen-Boyerstown-Cortown