Community Wiki Support Meeting 23 May 2013
From FamilySearch Wiki
0000; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 '9:30' am. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- To Sandra: Helped with page deletions
- To Steve: Idaho pages (Tables were out of aligned on every single page)
Worked on this Week
|Support Team Member|
|Dennis||George County pages added the location map for 153 counties.|
|Janell||Changes to website: Menus on top and links to wiki from Person Page|
|LaVera||Patrolling, Showthreads and Categories|
|Lee||Templates, Nav bars, Non-English pages, Training|
|Mark||Training, Amdocs cases, patrolling|
|Robin||New volunteers, Volunteer lessons, patrolling|
|Rorie||Training, Wanted pages|
Category:Wanted(127), Uncat Cat(36), & Uncat Pages(252) Patrolling
Updates and follow up
- Signing in before shift on Skype
- Importance of patrolling: We can catch issues such as spam, hacking. Purpose is for them to get information, malicious attacks. The more poplular we become the greater the chance. (Lee's example).
- Maintenance Report - Sandra (see above)
- Review of Individual Assignments
- Evaluation of goals set from previous meetings:
- Non-English Wiki FAQ page decisions and translations - Charles (see above). Volunteers needed feedback coming. Awaiting translation.
- Help Wanted graphics in Non-English - Blake
- Volunteer contacts - processing - Rick
- FamilySearch email account - Blake
- Blogs to follow, etc. -Lee
- FS Wiki Support Community - Google+ - Invite only A great resource for our community. It is private. Wiki Support Community members please log in to share and learn video, photos, links. Hangout portion available. Check out LastPass for password encryption.
- Check Password Strength You are a target. Check your passwords. The more characters the better. Use both upper case, lower, numbers, etc. Never use a word in the dictionary. Use symbols if possible.
- Omniture Reports - Janell
- Volunteer Lessons - Robin
Priority items for this meeting:
- Goal for this item:
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date: