Community Wiki Support Meeting 19 June 2014
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 86,904 articles in English
All meetings are held using WebEx.
- Go to WebEx to join the meeting.
- Enter the meeting number: 0000.
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Click "Join."
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Notes posted after meeting
- 2 Welcome
- 3 Follow-up and Priority items for this meeting:
- 4 Improve the Wiki
- 5 Training Spotlight
- 6 Supervisor Input
- 7 Team Leads
- 8 Other Reports
- 9 Patrolling and Sales Force Review
- 10 Assignments
- 11 Additional Suggestions for Wiki Improvement
- 12 Followup For Next Week:
- 13 Current Team Members and Assignments
Notes posted after meeting
- Uncat files now EMPTY
Patrolling is better with more hands on deck Community News needs updating and someone to take that over (?Myra) Wanted pages - can we get all of US taken on to oversee wanted US pages. Divided up country between group - state by state. Look for red links and work on wanted pages. See Google doc in team tool box for link to spreadsheet.
Kudos go to:
Follow-up and Priority items for this meeting:
Improve the Wiki
Current Wiki Projects we are focusing on
- Wanted pages
1. Answer questions posted on talk pages. If you do not know the answer, put a Helpme template.
- After a question is answered, put helpme-helped template. These go to Sandra. If it is Historical Records there is a different template for them.
2. Format the talk page giviing a title to the question.
3. If there is no signature, use — Preceding unsigned comment added by user name (talk | contribs) 17:57, 12 February 2014 (UTC) and go to the history to find the username and the date.
4. If you answer a question, indent below the question. Then answer the question.
5. If you patrol a talk page that is older, you need to fix the whole page if it has not been done in the past. See Clean up talk pages.
Suggestions for Other Focus Projects
- Mission and Technical Lead - Charles
- Training and Maintenance - Sandra
- Community Lead/New Contributors- Robin
- Content Missionary Lead- Wilma/Bo
- Welcoming Committee - LaVera/Marilyn
- Moderator Report - Myra
Patrolling and Sales Force Review
1: Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
2: What has been seen being touched/worked on.
3: Any potential attacks?
1: What did you learn this week that you want to share?
2: What do you need help with?
3: Needed training?
4: Do you have questions or suggestions regarding what others are working on?
Additional Suggestions for Wiki Improvement
Followup For Next Week:
Current Team Members and Assignments
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Barbara||Patron requests||Uncategorized files||RogersBA|
|Bob Heeder||Translation||HTML training class||Bald eagle|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, Technical||Uncategorized files, Caleb's project||Ccsmith|
|Diana||formerly Adopters||Colorado, Kentucky, California||Diana47judy|
|LaVera||Patron Requests, Welcoming Committee||Uncategorized files, Help page project, Categorization, Red Link articles||Parrisl|
|Linda||Patron Requests, Secretary||Uncategorized files, Support hub||Lindachappell|
|Marilyn||Welcoming Committee||Uncategorized files||Marilynbgardner49|
|Myra||Moderators||Red link articles, Uncategorized files||Myrasueharris|
|Rick||Patrol King||Red link articles||fritty|
|Robin||New Volunteers, Moderators, New Contributors||New to the Wiki Hub, South Carolina, African American||SavingStories|
|Ruth Heeder||Translation||HTML training class||Clanheeder|
|Sandra||Maintenance Training||Queen of the Wiki||Sandralpond|