Community Wiki Support Meeting 17 July 2014
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 86,897 articles in English
All meetings are held using WebEx.
- Go to WebEx to join the meeting.
- Enter the meeting number: 0000.
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Click "Join."
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Follow-up and Priority items for this meeting:
- 3 Improve the Wiki
- 4 Training Spotlight
- 5 Supervisor Input
- 6 Team Leads
- 7 Other Reports
- 8 Patrolling and Sales Force Review
- 9 Assignments
- 10 Additional Suggestions for Wiki Improvement
- 11 Followup For Next Week:
- 12 Current Team Members and Assignments
Attendees: Sandra, Jim Anderson, Jim Landucci, LaVera, Linda, Barbara,Bo, Charles, Myra, Giuseppe
New Attendees: (none)
Kudos go to: Myra Harris and others for their work on red links!
Follow-up and Priority items for this meeting:
Improve the Wiki
Current Wiki Projects we are focusing on
- Red links (State pages), soon to move on to county pages (see Bo's note to avoid Arkansas)
- Uncategorized pages (Sandra and new missionary(ies)
- Sandra - if you put
:Category:name of category
within double brackets and link to a category in this way within a page...patrons can more easily find all articles related to that category on our wiki [[:Category:Idaho]] is an example on how it might look
Current Wiki Projects we are focusing on
*Red Link Pages: Suggestion to help on these pages.
- 1. History and background are necessary on many of these page just make it short or use a link to cover most of it.
- 2. A section about the genealogical records relating to the main subject.
- 3. Links to other pages in the Wiki may help on 2 and are done in many ways including Crumb trails, templates for the State, and subheading that cover this.
- 4. Please put on a category and there are ones on Migration trails, railroads and rivers that are great.
- 5. A very good example to see many of the possibilities is: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Mormon_Trail
*Suggestions for next projects:
- 1. Work on Another layer of red links: Counties, or Other Countries.
- 2. Create Wanted Files - reviewed. This requires looking around the internet for images that are wanted for our wiki pages
- 3. Work on updating Outdated_articles
- Charles- a wiki review
Suggestions for Other Focus Projects
- Giuseppe: updated on Community Council and Governance council. Jane C. is the chair. The others plan to end their term at the end of the year. They have not been highly involved. The Governance Committee will be looking for suggestions/nominations in Fall 2014. The GC is considering redefining so that each person on the committee is a leader in some specific Wiki role. Suggestions for qualifications could be technical skills, ability to lead projects or organize projects.
- Mission and Technical Lead - Charles
- Training and Maintenance - Sandra - (Sandra will show Charles and Linda how to delete pages after the meeting - warning given...always blank entire page before deleting as well as check "what links here".)
- Community - LaVera - FHC - Bo suggested contacting Claudia who has some connection with the FHC pages. There are some FHC pages but the FHC is no longer at the listed address. Consideration is to delete the pages. It might be a wise idea to check locally via phone to see if there is more uptodate information.
- Content Missionaries and Community news- Wilma/Bo - Please avoid working on Arkansaw county pages (red links) as the content team will be focusing on that state next.
Bo and Jim Landucci - discussed the image editor that Jim L found online that will work with our wiki. See Yammer link this past week.
- Welcoming Committee - LaVera/Marilyn
- Moderator Report - Myra
Patrolling and Sales Force Review
1: Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
2: What has been seen being touched/worked on.
3: Any potential attacks?
1: What did you learn this week that you want to share?
2: What do you need help with?
- San Francisco Golden Gate California FHC & Pine Bluff Arkansas FHC (Monticello Arkansas FHC)
3: Needed training?
4: Do you have questions or suggestions regarding what others are working on?
Additional Suggestions for Wiki Improvement
Followup For Next Week:
Current Team Members and Assignments
Suggestion made to remove this table from future meetings and just put the link to the Google spreadsheet.
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Barbara||Patron requests||Uncategorized files||RogersBA|
|Bob Heeder||Translation||HTML training class||Bald eagle|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, Technical||Uncategorized files, Caleb's project||Ccsmith|
|Diana||formerly Adopters||Colorado, Kentucky, California||Diana47judy|
|LaVera||Patron Requests, Welcoming Committee||Uncategorized files, Help page project, Categorization, Red Link articles||Parrisl|
|Linda||Patron Requests, Secretary||Uncategorized files, Support hub||Lindachappell|
|Marilyn||Welcoming Committee||Uncategorized files||Marilynbgardner49|
|Myra||Moderators||Red link articles, Uncategorized files||Myrasueharris|
|Rick||Patrol King||Red link articles||fritty|
|Robin||Welcoming/New Contributor||New to the Wiki Hub, South Carolina, African American||SavingStories|
|Ruth Heeder||Translation||HTML training class||Clanheeder|
|Sandra||Maintenance Training||Queen of the Wiki||Sandralpond|