Community Wiki Support Meeting 10 July 2014
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 86,901 articles in English
All meetings are held using WebEx.
- Go to WebEx to join the meeting.
- Enter the meeting number: 0000.
- Enter your name and e-mail address.
- Click "Join."
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- 1 Welcome
- 2 Follow-up and Priority items for this meeting:
- 3 Improve the Wiki
- 4 Training Spotlight
- 5 Supervisor Input
- 6 Team Leads
- 7 Other Reports
- 8 Patrolling and Sales Force Review
- 9 Assignments
- 10 Additional Suggestions for Wiki Improvement
- 11 Followup For Next Week:
- 12 Current Team Members and Assignments
New Attendees: Sandra Kennedy (glad you could come)
Kudos go to: Marilyn, for all she gets done ( from LaVera)
All working on red state links (Charles)
Follow-up and Priority items for this meeting:
Improve the Wiki
Current Wiki Projects we are focusing on
*Red Link Pages: Suggestion to help on these pages.
- 1. History and background are necessary on many of these page just make it short or use a link to cover most of it.
- 2. A section about the genealogical records relating to the main subject.
- 3. Links to other pages in the Wiki may help on 2 and are done in many ways including Crumb trails, templates for the State, and subheading that cover this.
- 4. Please put on a category and there are ones on Migration trails, railroads and rivers that are great.
- 5. A very good example to see many of the possibilities is: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Mormon_Trail
*Suggestions for next projects:
- 1. Work on Another layer of red links: Counties, or Other Countries.
- 2. Create Wanted Files
- 3. Work on updating Outdated_articles
- Please, Look at the FamilySearch Wiki:Missionary Training Lessons. Make
Improvements, give suggestions and list future items that need discussion on the future agenda pages. Thanks so much.
Suggestions for Other Focus Projects
- Black (non) links. Write pages for those found on state pages
- Giuseppe: Historical Records sent list of missionaries. Now found on our tool box page. (Tool Box page is moved via a redirect). Jane Colemares sent a list of missionaries/people working on England project and Civil War project. That spreadsheet is available on Yammer. Please use Yammer. Salesforce has a new director and it will be some time before that is what we will use.
- Mission and Technical Lead - Charles - image map no longer working to make clickable maps. No upgrade forthcoming until engineers know other programs won't interfere with our wiki
- Training and Maintenance - Sandra Sandra Kennedy is doing well.
- Content Missionary Lead and Community update- Wilma/Bo -- AncestryInstitution is working again. It's been an on and off issue now for a few weeks.
- Welcoming Committee - LaVera/Marilyn
- Moderator Report - Myra
Patrolling and Sales Force Review
1: Did you see anything while patrolling this past week that would be interesting to discuss with the team?
2: What has been seen being touched/worked on.
3: Any potential attacks?
1: What did you learn this week that you want to share?
2: What do you need help with?
- (Myra) duplicate names for the same item - how best to deal with these? Suggestion, lists under both names with a redirect from one to the other. That way both come up on searches
- (Linda) Learning Center wiki articles need rewriting. These are accessed through salesforce, but can be rewritten from the public URLs
- (Linda) Someone to take meeting notes while her hand is recovering from injury.
3: Needed training?
- (Blake, et al) Refresher course to be offered to Historical Records, can any of us attend? Yes - and perhaps have a refresher course in this meeting.
4: Do you have questions or suggestions regarding what others are working on?
- (In Skype) Charles would like to use Zulu time. Also proposes only to skim on the patrolling (several edits per user)
Additional Suggestions for Wiki Improvement
Followup For Next Week:
Current Team Members and Assignments
|Team Member||Support Assignments||Content Project||User Name|
|Barbara||Patron requests||Uncategorized files||RogersBA|
|Bob Heeder||Translation||HTML training class||Bald eagle|
|Charles||Non-English wiki, Technical||Uncategorized files, Caleb's project||Ccsmith|
|Diana||formerly Adopters||Colorado, Kentucky, California||Diana47judy|
|LaVera||Patron Requests, Welcoming Committee||Uncategorized files, Help page project, Categorization, Red Link articles||Parrisl|
|Linda||Patron Requests, Secretary||Uncategorized files, Support hub||Lindachappell|
|Marilyn||Welcoming Committee||Uncategorized files||Marilynbgardner49|
|Myra||Moderators||Red link articles, Uncategorized files||Myrasueharris|
|Rick||Patrol King||Red link articles||fritty|
|Robin||Welcoming||New to the Wiki Hub, South Carolina, African American||SavingStories|
|Ruth Heeder||Translation||HTML training class||Clanheeder|
|Sandra||Maintenance Training||Queen of the Wiki||Sandralpond|