Columbus Ohio South Family History Center
- 1 This center serves the Southeastern Greater Columbus Ohio area
- 2 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Scheduled Closings 2018:
- 4 Calendar and Events
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
This center serves the Southeastern Greater Columbus Ohio area
- 2135 Baldwin Rd Reynoldsburg OH 43068 United States
- We're half-way between the Reynoldsburg High School and the Baldwin Road Junior High School
- The entrance to the Family History Center is on the Northwest side of the building, left of the satellite dish, and is handicapped accessible.
Center Contacts and Hours
- David Beck- 614-302-4440 (cell)
- Judy Beck - 614-863-8600
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
Scheduled Closings 2018:
Five Tuesdays: 2/20, 2/27, 3/6, 3/13 and 3/20 (Staff at Rootstech)
Easter Weekend: Saturday 31 March
Columbus East (New Albany) Discovery Day: Saturday 7 April
Independence Day: Tuesday 3 July - Thursday 5 July
Labor Day: Saturday 1 September
General Conference Weekend: Saturday 6 October
Thanksgiving: Wednesday 21 November - Saturday 24 November
Christmas and New Years - Saturday 22 December - Wednesday 2 January
Appointments can be scheduled outside these hours by specific request.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
Family Discovery Day: Not yet scheduled for 2018
No regularly schedule classes. Contact us for assistance.
Staff Training Meetings
Nothing scheduled at this time
- We have several dozen books of local history and general genealogical references
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have computers, microfiche and microfilm readers, a microfiche/microfilm printer, and a computer printer/copier. The copier is also able to scan and upload photos and document pages directly to FamilySearch.
Staff Research Specialties
Among our volunteer staff we have individuals with experience in British, German, and Norwegian genealogical research.
Not all our staff are on duty for all our hours. If you have a specific need, call ahead to coordinate.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)