Colmer, Hampshire Genealogy
Guide to Colmer, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Petersfield|
|Parish registers: 1563|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1714|
|Probate Court||Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, described Colemore like this:
COLEMORE, or Colmer, a parish in Petersfield district, Hants; near Wolmere forest, 5¼ miles S by W of Alton r. station. Post town, Newton-Vallance, under Alton..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Colmer, Hampshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FMP = findmypast - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|TGEN = The Genealogist - (£)|
|COLMER PARISH Online Records|
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
References[edit | edit source]
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Date accessed: 18 June 2013.
- 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Hampshire, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 8 October 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Genealogist, accessed 28 January 2021.