Clayton, St James the Great, Staffordshire Genealogy
Clayton St James the Great was formed in 1969 from Butterton (near Newcastle under Lyme), Staffordshire and Newcastle under Lyme, Staffordshire
Clayton was a township on the outskirts of Newcastle under Lyme and was a chapelry.
For earlier records refer to neighbouring parishes
Deposited parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1950-1962 Mar 1962-1981 Bur No burial Ground
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.