Cicero, Onondaga County, New York Genealogy
- 1790: One of original townships in the Military Tract, attached to Town of Lysander when Onondaga County was formed in 1794.
- 1807: Separated from Town of Lysander.
- 1827: Western half of the town was set off to form Town of Clay.
Communities within Town of Cicero
- Brewerton – A hamlet near the north town line on US Route 11, by Interstate 81.
- Brown Center – A hamlet south of Cicero Center.
- Cicero – The hamlet of Cicero is in the southwest part of the town on US Route 11 near Interstate 81.
- Cicero Center - A hamlet on NY-31 in the eastern part of the town.
- Ciceroville - originally a hamlet, now a historical location.
- Forest Beach – A hamlet on the shore of Oneida Lake east of Brewerton.
- Kraus Landing – A hamlet on the shore of Oneida Lake north of Cicero Center.
- North Syracuse – The Village of North Syracuse is partly in the town at the west town line.
- Sandy Bay – A hamlet on the shore of Oneida Lake southeast of Brewerton.
- Valentine's Beach – A hamlet on the shore of Oneida Lake north of Cicero Center.
Archives, Libraries and Museums
P.O. Box 1517
8236 S. Main Street
Cicero, NY 13039
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Cicero, Onondaga County, New York Genealogy check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.