Chuquisaca Department, Bolivia Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bolivia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Chuquisaca Department family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
History[edit | edit source]
- The capital city of Sucre is called the city of the four names, each name corresponding to a different period of its history.
- It was founded by the Spaniard Pedro de Anzures in 1538. Reverting to its native name of Chuquisaca, it was the Upper Peru's chief administrative center and largest city. It was there that the first public call for independence from Spain took place, on May 25, 1809, and where the Act of Independence from Spanish rule was signed on August 6, 1825.
- It was immediately designated the capital of independent Bolivia.
- The department of Chuquisaca has a population of approximately 581,000 people. 
Provinces[edit | edit source]
Online Records[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento de Chuquisaca," in Wikipedia: The free encyclopedia", https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_de_Chuquisaca. Visited March 9, 2018.