Chilecito, La Rioja, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Chilecito ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The town was founded on February 19, 1715, with the name of Villa Santa Rita, now the city of Chilecito.
- At the end of the 19th century and at the beginning of the 20th century, Chilecito became relevant on a national level because it was the most important mining center.
- The department of Chilecito has a population of approximately 69,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Iglesia Católica. Corazón de Jesús (Chilecito, La Rioja) Registros parroquiales, 1748-1930 - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 2º Censo Nacional, 1895 : Chilecito (Departamento), La Rioja - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio de Chilecito
- Cementerio Parque
- Cementerio de Nonogasta
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Chilecito," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Chilecito. Visited November 25, 2017.