Chiefland Florida Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 215 NE 8th S Chiefland FL 32644-0282 United States
- Use the parking lot closest to Hwy. 27 and come to the front door.
- If the doors are locked during regular scheduled hours knock on window to right of door.
- The center is just inside on the right.
- Other times by appointment:
We will be closed the weeks of December 16th 2011 till January 2nd 2012:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have on permanent file films and fiche on Florida, Germany, Pennsylvania, and Puerto Rico .
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 computers connected to highspeed internet with printers, 2 micro fiche and 2 film readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Chiefland City Library has a section dedicated for family histry research.
The Levy County Geneological Society Have research experts and extensive data on local families.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We invite all those who have computer skills and researce skills to come join our staff.