Charlton Adam, Somerset Genealogy
Guide to Charlton Adam, Somerset ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Charlton Adam, Somerset|
Charlton Adam Somerset contributor Geoof Pick
|Poor Law Union||Langport|
|Parish registers: 1704|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Wells|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
CHARLTON-ADAM (St. Peter And St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Langport, hundred of Somerton, W. division of Somerset, 3 miles (E.) from Somerton.
Charlton Adam Saints Peter and Paul is an Ancient Parish in the Ilchester deanery of the Diocese of Bath and Wells in the county of Somerset.
The parish consists of two villages, Charlton Mackrell, Somerset and Charlton Adam, together known as "The Charltons".
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Charlton Adam, Somerset Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|CHARLTON ADAM PARISH Online Records|
Church records on microfilm
Parish registers for Charlton-Adam, 1704-1901 Microreproduction of original records housed at the Somerset Record Office, Taunton.
Somerset Record Office: D/P CHA.A 2/1/1-5, 2/2/1.
| Baptisms, 1704-1877. Marriages, 1704-1837. Banns, 1828-1869. Burials, 1704-1901.
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526463 Items 21 - 26
Bishop's transcripts for Charlton-Adam, 1607-1830 Microreproduction of original manuscripts housed at the Somerset Record Office, Taunton.
Somerset Record Office: D/D/Rr 87-87a
| Baptisms, marriages and burials, 1607-1640, 1662, 16--, 1704, 1748, 1805-1830. Some other years also missing or with illegible dates.
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1278917 Items 14-15
England Vital Records Index (FamilySearch Historical Records) known issue Indexing project batch I04481-4 is incorrect. The data entry for place names is incorrect for film 1526463 and affects the parishes of Chard, Somersetshire Chard, Somerset , Charlcombe, Somerset, Charlton Mackrell, Somerset, Charlton Horethorne, Somerset
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 15 September 2013.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1531-1812,' Ancestry, accessed 22 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 22 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Marriage Registers, Bonds and Allegations, 1754-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 22 July 2016.
- 'Somerset, England, Church of England Burials, 1813-1914,' Ancestry, accessed 22 July 2016.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 February 2014.
- 'IGI Batch Numbers for Somerset, England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 21 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 18 October 2013.
- 'Somerset Marriages', findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 30 April 2014.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- West Country Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- E 179 Database, The National Archives, http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/e179/, accessed 8 August 2013.