Charleston West Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 2007 McClure Pkwy Charleston WV 25312
- Parking is at the side or front of the Church.
- Enter at the side door or front double doors. If you use the front doors - press the bell several times so that workers will be able to hear the ring.
- The doors will be locked.
- There is a door bell on the right hand side of the either entrance.
- 1-304-984-9333 (There is no answering machine. Please email us and someone will call if you are not calling during regular center hours)
- Wednesday: 5:00-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Saturday: 10:00am-3:00pm
Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas. Closed on General Conference Saturdays. Closed Holiday weekends (Memorial Day, etc.)
Calendar and Events
- WV Tetrick Collection
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, microfilm reader/printers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center
Let us know if you would like to be a volunteer at the center. You can do your own research and help others with theirs!