Caton Gilbert Union,Lancashire
History[edit | edit source]
In 1856, The Caton Gilbert Union's membership comprised the parishes of
Bolton le Sands, Lancashire , Borwick, Caton with Littledale, Lancashire, Claughton, Lancashire, Farleton, Gressingham, Lancashire, Halton, Lancashire, Heysham, Lancashire, Hornby, Lancashire, Nether Kellet,Lancashire , Poulton, Lancashire, Over Kellet, Lancashire, Quernmore, Lancashire,
The Poulton district included Bare and Torrisholme (subsequently to become known as Morecambe) See Morecombe parish pages for these districts and parish creations.
For more information see The Workhouse, Caton Gilbert Union, Lancashire
Records[edit | edit source]
• Lancashire Record Office, Bow Lane, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 2RE. Very few local records survive.
• Vestry minutes and churchwardens' accounts PR2895/5 1828-1847 With agreement for erecting workhouse for Claughton, Caton, Wrag-with-botton, Over Kellet, Gressingham, Wennington, Poulton, Bare and Torrisholme, Quernmore, Borwick, Roeburndale, Hornby, Bolton-le-Sands and Nether Kellet 6 May 1829
Workhouse Accounts PR869 1830 - 1841