Cary, Aroostook County, Maine Genealogy
Cary is a Maine plantation in the forests on the northeast edge of the South Aroostook townships of Aroostook County. Cary was first organized as Number 11 R1 Plantation from Township Number 11 First Range West of the Easterly Line of the State (T11 R1 WELS) in 1859; ratified 1878; name changed to Cary in 1883; confirmed in 1895, and continues to today. 
Records. Plantation records 1862-1884 containing mortgages, proceedings of meetings, elections and lists of voters, sales, taxes, school issues, intentions of marriage and marriages starting 1835 are housed in Cary, Maine. The Family History Library has a microfilm copy on FHL Film 010795.
Additional data on Cary Plantation, Maine can be found in WikiPedia: the Free Encyclopedia.
References[edit | edit source]
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 96 (digital p. 105). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Cary Plantation, Aroostook County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 18 September 2013).