From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Caribbean ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
This article is about the ancestry from the regions group of islands. For the indigenous inhabitants of Caribbean region and people of Caribbean descent, see Wikipedia:Caribbean people. For the body of water surrounding them, see Wikipedia:Caribbean Sea.
The countries located in the Caribbean are:
For Further Reading
- Auger, F.R.; Gordon, S.C.; Hall, D.G.; and Reckord, M. The Making of the West Indies. London: Low & Brydone Ltd., 1960.
- Baker, E.C. A Guide to Records in the Leeward Islands. Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1965.
- Baker, E.C. A Guide to Records in the Windward Islands. Oxford: Basil Blackwell, 1968.
- Burns, Sir Alan. History of the British West Indies. London: George Allen & Unwin Ltd., 1954.
- Caribbean Archives Conference. Report of the Caribbean Archives Conference Held at The University of the West Indies Mona, Jamaica. September 20-27, 1965. Kingston, Government Printer, 1965.
- Platt, Lyman D. Genealogical Historical Guide to Latin America. Detroit: Gale Research Co., 1978.
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: West Indies,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1999.