California, Sacramento Cemetery Records - FamilySearch Historical Records
|Access the Records|
California, Sacramento Cemetery Records, 1900-1959
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Sacramento, California, |
|Flag of California|
|Location of Sacramento County, California|
|Location of California|
|Sacramento Historic Cemetery, Center for Sacramento History, California|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?[edit | edit source]
This collection contains cemetery records from various Sacramento, California cemeteries. The years covered include 1900 to 1959. The original records can be found at the Center for Sacramento History located in Sacramento, California.
Image Visibility[edit | edit source]
Whenever possible FamilySearch makes images and indexes available for all users. However, rights to view these data are limited by contract and subject to change. Because of this there may be limitations on where and how images and indexes are available or who can see them. Please be aware some collections consist only of partial information indexed from the records and do not contain any images. For additional information about image restrictions see Restrictions for Viewing Images in FamilySearch Historical Record Collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?[edit | edit source]
Cemetery records may contain:
- The name of the deceased
- The date of death
- The date of birth
- The names of parents or other relatives
- The cemetery name
- Name of clergy involved in burial
- Plot number
- The amount paid for the plot
Collection Content[edit | edit source]
Sample Images[edit | edit source]
How Do I Search This Collection?[edit | edit source]
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the individual
- The approximate date of death
Search the Index[edit | edit source]Search by name on the Collection Details Page.
- Fill in the search boxes in the Search Collection section with the information you know
- Click Search to show possible matches
How Do I Analyze the Results?[edit | edit source]
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?[edit | edit source]
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Search for the death record or certificate
- Search for an obituary in a local newspaper
- Use the information found to search for the family in census records
- Look for church records
- Search the county and state for other vital records such as birth and marriage
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?[edit | edit source]
- Consult the California Research Tips and Strategies and its Record Finder to find other records
Research Helps[edit | edit source]
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of California.
- Sexton Records
- California Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1905 | 1905-Present
Related Family History Library Holdings[edit | edit source]
- Sacramento City. Cemetery burial card index,1849-2001
- Sacramento County. Sacramento, funeral records, 1935-1966
- Sacramento. Cemetery records, 1850-1944 and miscellaneous indexes, 1850-2001
- Sacramento. Cemetery stone index. 1850-2001
- New Helvetia. Cemetery card index, ca. 1850-1915
- Index to New Helvetia Cemetery removal records, 1857-1956
- New Helvetia Cemetery index,1850-1900
- New Helvetia Cemetery removal and correspondence, 1903-1917, 1955-1956
- Masonic Lawn Cemetery. Grave record, 1876-1985
- I. O. O. F. Cemetery. Sacramento. California. Interment records, (August) 1905-(January) 1988
- St. Mary's Cemetery. Sacramento. Record of burials of indigents, 1931-1961
- St. Mary's Cemetery. Sacramento. Register of interments, ca. 1929-1974
- St. Joseph's Cemetery. Sacramento. Register of interments, ca. 1864-1989
Related FamilySearch Historical Record Collections[edit | edit source]
- California, Sacramento Cemetery Records, 1900-1959
- California Cemetery Transcriptions, 1850-1960
- California Death Index, 1905-1939
- California Death Index, 1940-1997
Citing This Collection[edit | edit source]
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
The citation for this collection can be found on the Collection Details Page in the section Citing this Collection.
When looking at a record, the citation can be viewed by clicking the drop-down arrow next to Document Information.