Colorado Springs Colorado Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Colorado Springs Family History Center has a rich history of serving the Pikes Peak region for over forty years.
- 1 Location:
- 2 Center Contact Info
- 3 Open Hours
- 4 Calendar and Events
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
- 150 Pine Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80906 (West entrance of the LDS Broadmoor building)
- Colorado Springs Colorado Family History Center Location Map
Center Contact Info
- Phone at FHC: 1 719-634-0572
- Email: CO_ColoradoSprings@ldsmail.net
- Tuesday: 10:00am-4:00pm
- Thursday: 2:00am-8:00pm
- Friday: 1:00pm-4:00pm
2016 Closure Schedule
- Closed Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sunday
- Closed on all Major Holidays
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving (Nov 21-25)
- Closed the last two weeks of December (December 19, 2017 - January 2, 2018)
- We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- 4th Saturday of each month 10:00 am - 11:30 am
We have a large collection of historic books, maps, research aids, and microfilm on permanent loan. Contact the Center for more information.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm Readers (3)
- Microfiche Readers (1)
- Computer Workstations (10)
Premium Online Websites at FHC:
FREE - FamilySearch: The Family Search web site records span billions of names across hundreds of collections—including census, birth, marriage, death, probate, land, military, IGI extracted, and more.
Our Family History Library also provides FREE use of numerous family history research websites that normally require a subscription fee for access. Visit our local library to see a listing of the available sites and utilize, free of charge, these resources. See Details at FHC Portal. Shown below are many popular ones.
- My Heritage
- Find My Past
- American Ancestors
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- The Genealogist
- Historical Map Works Library Edition
- World Vital Records, and much more
- A collection of over 1,000 historic books containing biographies, research materials, indexes & databases
- A local collection of rolls of Microfilm - indexed by State and Country or Numeric
Staff Research Specialties
We are currently updating our staff specialities list.
Resources in the Local Area
- Penrose Library (PPLD) - Regional history and genealogy collections at Pikes Peak Library District are held by Special Collections in the 1905 Carnegie Library
- Pikes Peak Genealogical Society - meets on the second Wednesday of each month in the 1905 Carnegie Reading Room at the Penrose Public Library. Programs are free and open to the public.
- Colorado Council of Genealogical Societies - CCGS addresses the needs and interests of the Colorado genealogical community through cooperation and support of member organizations.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
- PPLD Genealogy Resources - Regional history and genealogy home
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for friendly people, particularly those who can work with youth and families. Contact the Center at CO_coloradosprings@ldsmail.net for more information.