Cabañas, Zacapa, Guatemala Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Municipality of Cabañas ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- It was originally called San Sebastián Chimalapa, but it changed its name to Cabañas in 1890.
- Between 1908 and 1920 it was included in the department of El Progreso.
- Cabañas became the jurisdiction of the Department of Zacapa in 1920 and there it has remained since then.
- The municipality of Cabañas has a population of approximately 11,000 people
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
- Registros civiles, 1880-1932 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for only the municipality of Cabañas. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Padrones de Guatemala : Chimalapa – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio Municipal de Cabañas
- Cementerio de la Aldea de El Rosaio
Localities[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Cabañas (Zacapa)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caba%C3%B1as,_Zacapa. Visited 2 December 2017.