Byard's Leap, Lincolnshire Genealogy
Guide to Byard's Leap, Lincolnshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Byard's Leap, Lincolnshire|
|Poor Law Union||Sleaford|
|Parish registers: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Bishop's Transcripts: For records see surrounding parishes|
|Rural Deanery||Not Applicable|
|Probate Court||Search the courts of the surrounding parishes|
|Location of Archive|
|Lincolnshire Record Office|
BAYARD LEAP, an extra-parochial tract in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 5½ miles NW of Sleaford.
Byard's Leap is an extra parochial place and a small hamlet to the west of Cranwell, Lincolnshire and the Royal Air Force College there.
The Lands of Byard's Leap were part of the Knights Templar estate at Temple Bruer which was used both as a source of income and as a military training ground by the order.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Link to the FamilySearch Cataloguw showing the film numbers in their collection for this extra parochial placeByard's Leap
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lincolnshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Date accessed: 12 August 2013.