Burke, Caledonia County, Vermont Genealogy
Burke was charatered on February 26, 1782 by the Vermont Legislature. The first settlers arrived in 1792 and the town was organized in 1796. The town contains the villages of East Burke, West Burke and Burke Hollow.   
Past views of Burke, by the Burke Historical Society (1986) - find this book in a library.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Burke is Caledonia
Caledonia Probate Division
1126 Main St, Ste 1
St Johnsbury, VT 05819
Phone: (802) 748-6605
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Burke. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Caledonia County, website at this link.
- Burke Green Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Burke Meeting House Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Hillside Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Howland Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Woodmont Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Burial permits, 1905-1919, are available on microfilm from the Family History Library.
Cemetery records, 1805-1879, are available on microfilm from the Family History Library.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Burke Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records of Burke, Vermont, 1857-Oct. 2001; indexes, 1789-1989, Town records, 1796-1857, and Land records, 1799-1915; with general index.
Town of Burke
212 School Street
West Burke, VT 05871
Phone: (802) 467-3717
Libraries and Historical Societies
East Burke Community Library
368 Vermont 114
PO Box 309
East Burke, VT 05832
Phone: (802) 626-9823
West Burke Public Library
135 Main Street
PO Box 243
West Burke, VT 05871
Phone: (802) 467-3328
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- Burke Town History - http://www.burkevermont.org/town-history.php
- About Burke, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/burke.html#about
- Burke, Vermont - https://web.archive.org/web/20160614214852/http:/www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vtcbarne/burke.htm