Bristol Record Office
Bristol Record Office was established in 1924. It was the first borough record office in the United Kingdom, since at that time there was only one other local authority record office (Bedfordshire) in existence. It looks after the official archives of the City of Bristol, besides collecting and preserving many other records relating to the city and surrounding area for current and future generations to consult. It moved from the Council House to newly converted premises in the former B Bond Warehouse in 1992. The office is formally recognised by the Lord Chancellor for holding public records and it acts as a Diocesan Record Office for Bristol diocese.
'B' Bond Warehouse