Bristol Holy Trinity, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Bristol Holy Trinity, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Bristol Holy Trinity, Gloucestershire|
Holy Trinity Lawrence Hill Bristol contributor William Avery
|Hundred||Barton Regis; Bristol City|
|Poor Law Union||Bristol|
|Registration District||Bristol; Clifton|
|Parish registers: 1831|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1834|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bristol (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Bristol Record Office|
Holy Trinity Church The church was built between 1829 and 1832 by Thomas Rickman and Henry Hutchinson, two architects from Birmingham.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bristol Holy Trinity and St Philip, Gloucestershire parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BRISTOL HOLY TRINITY AND ST PHILIP PARISH Online Records|
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Non Conformist Churches
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Wikipedia contributors, 'Trinity Centre,' in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Centre, accessed 28 May 2016.
- 'Vital Records Index - British Isles - Collection List,' British Isles Vital Records Index, 2nd ed., hosted at Genoot, accessed 1 December 2012.
- 'Boyd's Marriage Index - Parish details by county,' Origins.net, accessed 1 December 2012.
- 'Gloucestershire, Bristol Life Events Parish Lists,' findmypast.co.uk, accessed 31 May 2016.
- 'FamilySearch Catalogue,' FamilySearch, accessed 1 June 2016.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Gloucester (A-M), England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 31 May 2016.