Brazil, Paraná, Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Brazil, Paraná, Civil Registration, 1852-1996
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Federative Republic of Brazil|
|Flag of Paraná|
|Location of Paraná, Brazil|
|Title in the Language:||Brasil, Paraná, Registro Civil|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Known Issues With This Collection
- 7 Citing This Collection
- 8 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes records of births, marriages, deaths, and censuses of settlers created by various civil registration offices in the state of Paraná from 1852 to 1996.
Additional images will be published as they become available.
Reading These Records
For help reading these Portuguese records see the following:
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Brazil, Paraná, Civil Registration, 1852-1996.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
For details about these records and help using them see the wiki article: Brazil Civil Registration (FamilySearch Historical Records).
Information in each record varies from year to year.
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before using this collection it is helpful to know:
- Your ancestor's given name and surname
- Identifying information such as residence
- Estimated marriage or birth year
View The Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select Municipality
- Select Civil Registration Office
- Select Record Type and Yearsto view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Brazil, Paraná, Civil Registration, 1852-1996. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Add any new information to your records
- Make sure to fully transcribe and cite the record entry for future reference; see the section Citing This Collection for assistance. Save or print a copy of the image
- Use the information to find more. For instance, use the age listed in the record to estimate a year of birth, if that is yet undetermined
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each spouse to find a couple's birth records and parents' names
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking for, What Now?
- Brazil, Paraná, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) are also a good substitute when civil records of births, marriages, and deaths cannot be found or are unavailable
- Check for variants of given names, surnames, and place names. Transcription errors could occur in any handwritten record; also, it was not uncommon for an individual be listed under a nickname or an abbreviation of their name
- Brazil Emigration and Immigration may be useful if your ancestors immigrated to or from another country
- New information is constantly being indexed, microfilmed or updated. Periodically check back to see if your ancestor’s records have been added. You can see if the area you’ve been looking in has been recently updated by going to Historical Records Collections. Watch for an asterisk for recently added or updated records
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in Brazil.
Known Issues With This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Brasil, Paraná, Registro Civil, 1852-1996." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 14 June 2016. Corregedor Geral da Justicia da Paraná, Curitiba (Paraná General Justice Office, Curitiba).
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.