Bozeman Montana Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2915 Colter Avenue Bozeman Montana 59715 United States
- The History Center is accessed by turning left on South Third Street (to the left of the Museum of the Rockies) and then turning left on Henderson.
- The Church parking lot is now on your right. Pull into the lot and park.
- Use the first entrance to the right of the building.
- Walk to the first hallway, turn left and continue to the history center on the left.
- To make an appointment for other times, please contact the temple and family history consultant - center in advance at (1-406-388-4578.)
All major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- There are many books available for the United States and Europe too. We have a very good collection of books by county in Pennsylvania.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- The center has five computers, all with internet access and also wireless access for your own computer. There are 6 microfilm readers, 1 fiche reader, and 4 printers). There are app. 200 microfilms on indefinite loan and many microfiche available for all to use.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Gallatin County Historical Society and Pioneer Museum
317 West Main Street
- Summer Hours:
(Memorial Day through Labor Day)
Monday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Winter Hours:
Tuesday - Saturday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Museum Admission $5.00 per person
- Research Center Admission Free
- Knowledgable staff and volunteers are always available to help with research
Bozeman Public Library
220 E. Lamme St
- The library has Bozeman city directories from 1892 to the present, genealogy handbooks, and free access to many subscription databases.
Yellowstone Historic Center Museum
104 Yellowstone Ave.
West Yellowstone, Montana
The Montana State Historical Society
225 North Roberts Street
Helena, Montana 59620-1201
- Open Year Round
- Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 - 1:00 PM
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center
We are always ready to accept volunteers who like to do family history and work with the public as they come into our center looking for help. You do not have to be a member of the Church and no one will ever talk to you about the Church unless you ask about specific doctrines.