Bilton, Warwickshire Genealogy
|Poor Law Union||Rugby|
|Parish registers: 1655|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1662|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory) Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Bilton, is a village and a parish in Rugby district, Warwickshire. The village is adjacent to the Rugby and Leamington railway, 1½ miles SW of Rugby. The post office is under Rugby. New Bilton forms a suburb of Rugby.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Bilton, Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Bilton, Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Bishop's Transcripts deposited at the Lichfield Record Office Bap 1662-1852 Marr 1662-1852 Bur 1662-1852 Missing all events 1848-1850; 1853
- 1535 - 1984 - England, Warwickshire, Parish Registers, 1535-1984 at FamilySearch — index and images
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72) Adapted. Date accessed November 21, 2013.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 26 August 2014.