Big Lagoon Indian Rancheria (California)
The Big Lagoon Rancheria is a federally-recognized rancheria located in Humboldt County, California.
- Established --
- Agency (BIA) -- Northern California Agency
- Principal tribes -- Yurok and Tolowa
- Population --
Big Lagoon Rancheria
P. O. Drawer 3060
Trinidad, CA 95570
Additional References to the History of the Tribe and/or Bands
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
- Constitution and By-laws for the Big Lagoon Rancheria, California, approved in 1985
- Big Lagoon Rancheria Wikipedia
For Further Reading
- Kroeber, Alfred L. Handbook of the Indians of California. Washington D.C.:Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin 78, 1925. Reprint. New York City: Dover Publications, [ca 2006] WorldCat 255854981 Available online.
See also For Further Reading.