Big Bend Indian Rancheria (California)
Big Bend Rancheria
Pit River (Achomawi)
Post Office Box 1570
Burney, CA 96013
The Big Bend Rancheria is a federally-recognized rancheria located in Shasta County, California.
- Established -- July 28, 1916
- Agency (BIA) -- Northern California Agency
- Principal tribes -- Pit River
- Population -1969: resident 10
The majority of records of individuals were those created by the agencies. Some records may be available to tribal members through the tribal headquarters.They were (and are) the local office of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and were charged with maintaining records of the activities of those under their responsibility. Among these records are:
- Allotment records
- Annuity rolls
- Census records
- Health records
- School census and records
- Vital records
Tribally owned land: 40 acres
For Further Reading
- Kroeber, Alfred L. Handbook of the Indians of California. Washington D.C.:Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, Bulletin 78, 1925. Reprint. New York City: Dover Publications, [ca 2006] WorldCat 255854981 Available online.
See slso For Further Reading.