Bibury, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Bibury, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Northleach|
|Parish registers: 1551|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1740|
|Diocese||Pre 1836 - Gloucester; Post 1835 - Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Peculiar of Bibury|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
BIBURY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Northleach, partly in the hundred of Bradley, and partly in that of Brightwell's-Barrow, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 5 miles (N. W.) from Fairford; comprising the chapelry of Winson, and the tythings of Ablington and Arlington. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Bibury, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FHSO = FHSOnline - (£)|
|Bibury, Gloucestershire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Non-conformist Records[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at FindMyPast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
- 1642-1996 England, Gloucestershire Non-conformist Records, 1642-1996 at FamilySearch - How to Use this Collection; index (dates may vary by parish)
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 228-233. Date accessed: 30 April 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 24 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 22 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 5 July 2016.
- 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 9 May 2014.