Betws yn Rhos, Conwy
BETTWS-YN-RHOS otherwies BETTWS-ABER-GELAU parish in the hundred of Isdulas, county of Denbigh, four miles (S.S.W.) from Abergele. The village is pleasantly situated at the base of a lofty mountain, by which it is sheltered on one side, and has a fine opening towards the north, commanding a full view of the Irish Sea...The church, dedicated to Saint Michael, was, previously to the Reformation a chapel of ease to Abergele. There are places of worship for Calvinistic and Wesleyan Methodists.
The ancient parish comprised the townships of Peniarth, Bodlyman, Maesegwig, Tre'rllan, Trofarth, and part of Cilcen. For more information see Betws-yn-Rhos, Denbighshire at genuki.org.uk
|before 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Denbighshire|
Church Records (Nonconformist)
The following records have been published:
- Betws Abergele Calvinistic Methodist Chapel - Baptisms (1811-1837): 101251
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Betws yn Rhos Parish Church at Clwyd FHS
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1849) Adapted. Date accessed: 11 September 2014.