|Belgium Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
The FamilySearch moderator for Belgium is Daniel Jones.
- The goal of this society is to facilitate Flemish family history research. They host lectures and courses onsite and answer research questions online either through their forum (see www.forumfamiliekundeheemkunde.be) or by contacting them directly. They also have a separate website that outlines the research process and summarizes the types of records found in Belgium (see www.familiegeschiedenis.be).
Association Royale Office Généalogique et Héraldique de Belgique (Genealogical and Heraldry Office of Belgium)
Avenue Charles Thielemans 93
Telephone: +32(0)2 772.50.27
- This society is interested in the genealogy and heraldry of Belgium. They have three publications that are published during the year. The website contains helpful articles concerning genealogical and heraldic research in Belgium.
The Belgian Researchers
Yahoo Groups: groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/TheBelgianResearchers/info
- The purpose of TBR is to preserve Belgian Heritage and foster genealogical research and collaboration. The society publishes a newsletter periodically and will answer questions online through their Yahoo Groups website. The main website also contains many online indexes of Belgian records.
Genealogical Society of Flemish Americans
American House East II, Basement Wing B
18740 E Thirteen Mile Road
Roseville, MI 48066
Telephone: (586) 777-2720
- The GSFA has a museum, library, and research center. The library has family histories, histories of Belgian towns, newspapers, funeral memorial cards, and more. The society also publishes a magazine that has articles about genealogical and cultural interests. The website lists beneficial strategies, tips, and sources when doing Belgium genealogy in the United States.
Cyndi's list contains a list of many more Belgium societies that may be helpful. See www.cyndislist.com/belgium/societies.
No historical societies could be found.
The Belgian American Society
P.O. Box 140
St. Clair Shores, MI
- This association meets together to promote and preserve Belgian heritage in the United States. Their website has links to other Flemish groups in the United States.