Belén, Catamarca, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Belén ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- The peaceful settlement of Spanish settlers within the town of Belén could not be realized until the end of the seventeenth century, as a result of the resistance warfare offered by indigenous biases.
- On December 20, 1681, the town of Nuestra Señora de Belén was founded.
- The department of Belén has a population of approximately 13,000 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- Registros parroquiales, 1836-1958 - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- Primer Censo Nacional, 1869 : Belén (Departamento), Catamarca- Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- 2º Censo Nacional, 1895 : Belén (Departamento), Catamarca - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
- Cementerio de Belén
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
- Corral Quemado
- Pozo de Piedra
- Puerta de Corral Quemado
- Puerta de San José
- San Fernando
- Villa Vil
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Belén," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Bel%C3%A9n.Visited October 23, 2017.