Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire Genealogy
Guide to Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Amersham|
|Parish registers: 1631|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1575|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Lincoln; Post-1836 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
BEACONSFIELD, a small town, a parish, and a subdistrict, in the district of Amersham, Bucks., 3 miles NE of Woburn-Green r. station, and 5¾ S by W of Amersham. It contains the parish church and three dissenting chapels.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire Genealogy Online Records|
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Society of Friends/Quaker
- Wesleyan Methodist Reform
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Beaconsfield on GENUKI
- John Marius Wilson., Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Date accessed and adapted 23 May 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Buckinghamshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 28 January 2014.
- 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 28 January 2014.