Barnet, Caledonia County, Vermont Genealogy
Barnet was charatered on December 16, 1763. Barnet contains the locations of Barnet Center, East Barnet, McIndoe Falls, Mosquitoville, Passumpsic and West Barnet.
Barnet was the home of two Henry Stevenses, father and son: the elder founded the Vermont Historical Society, while the younger was one of London's best-known booksellers and bibliographers from 1845 to 1886.   
History of Barnet, Vermont : from the outbreak of the French and Indian War to present time : with genealogical records of many families, by Frederic Palmer Wells (1923) - view a digital copy of this book online.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Barnet is Caledonia
Caledonia Probate Division
1126 Main St, Ste 1
St Johnsbury, VT 05819
Phone: (802) 748-6605
Associate Reformed Congregation Church Records, 1789-1898, are available on microfilm at the Family History Center.
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Barnet. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Caledonia County, website at this link.
- Barnet Center Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- McIndoe Falls Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Palmer Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Passumpsic Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Pleasant View Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Stevens Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Walter Harvey Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- West Barnet Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Town Clerk Vital and Town Records, 1856 -1943, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Barnet Town Clerk's Office. These include Town and vital records of Barnet, Vermont, 1776?-Aug. 2001, Deeds and land records, 1783-1905; index to deeds, 1783-1895.
Barnet Town Clerk
1743 U.S. 5
Barnet, VT 05821
Phone: (802) 633-2256
Libraries and Historical Societies
Barnet Public Library
147 Church St.
PO Box 34
Barnet, VT 05821
Phone: (802) 633-4436
Barnet Historical Society
PO Box 34
Barnet VT 05821
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- Barnet Vermont - Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnet,_Vermont
- About Barnet, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/barnet.html#about
- Barnet, Vermont -https://web.archive.org/web/20160614214103/http:/www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vtcbarne/barnet.htm