Baltimore and Harrisburg Railway
The Baltimore and Harrisburg Railway was a railroad that operated in Maryland and Pennsylvania in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The 59 miles (95 km) main line ran from Emory Grove, Maryland to Orrtanna, Pennsylvania, with a 6 miles (9.7 km) branch from Valley Junction, Pennsylvania (east of Hanover) to Hanover Junction, Pennsylvania; and later extensions to Highfield, Maryland and York, Pennsylvania.
The railroad was formed from a merger of the Hanover Junction, Hanover and Gettysburg Railroad, the Bachman Valley Railroad and the Baltimore and Hanover Railroad in 1886. It was acquired by the Western Maryland Railway in 1917.