Baltimore Maryland Inner Harbor Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Inner Harbor Family History Center serves Baltimore's Inner Harbor, West Baltimore, and Northwest Baltimore. We are a computer-only center where you can access a computer to use online resources like Family Search; we don't have microfilm/microfiche readers. We have consultants available to help you! Our services and resources are free of charge.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Language: English
- Address: 900 W Madison Ave., Baltimore MD 21201
- Location Map: Google Map
- Phone or Text: 443-527-7618
- Open Hours:
- Wednesday: 6:30-8:00 PM. No appointment needed, these are walk-in hours when anyone can come access materials and receive in-person assistance.
- Saturday: 1st and 2nd Saturdays of the month, 9:30-11:30 AM. No appointment needed.
- Appointments available at other times by request. Please contact us to arrange a time outside regular hours.
- SPECIAL CLOSURE NOTICE: The Center will be closed -
- Wednesday, 11/21/18, Thanksgiving Eve
- Wednesday, 12/26/18
- If the building is locked when you arrive, ring the doorbell on the left side of the main door (the glass door on Madison street, under the number 900 - the doorbell is the single button on the right, not the one on the intercom box.)
- Pay-to-park on Madison; street parking is free after 6 PM Monday - Saturday, and all day Sunday.
- Free parking in the church lot, east side of the church between the church and MLK Boulevard.
- No parking in the lot on the west side of the church between the church and the office building. That lot belongs to the office building and unauthorized vehicles are towed aggressively.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that ordinarily charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Two computers, printer, scanner. We are a computer-only center and have no microfilm/microfiche readers.
- You are welcome to bring your own laptop or device to the Center and access the Family History Center Portal and all its resources on the Center's wifi.
We can assist you in using Family Search. We are open Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm, except any holiday closures noted above. You do not need an appointment to come in, these are walk-in hours, and a consultant will be available to assist. Coming in person is the best way to receive assistance. We look forward to seeing you!
Some Family Search databases and collections are only accessible at a designated Family History Center. If you have run into that issue you are welcome to use our computers to access these materials, or to access them on your own laptop or device in the Center using the Center's wifi.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center:
Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering to help others research their family history.