Baltimore Maryland Inner Harbor Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Inner Harbor Family History center serves Baltimore's Inner Harbor, West Baltimore, and Northwest Baltimore. We are a computer only center, meaning that our center serves as a place where people can access a computer to use online resources like Family Search. We have consultants available to help you!
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- Language: English
- Address: 900 W Madison Ave., Baltimore MD 21201
- Location Map: Google Map
- Phone: 816-489-8400
- Open Hours:
- Wednesday: 6:30pm-8:00pm. No appointment needed, these are walk-in hours when anyone can come access materials and receive in-person assistance.
- SPECIAL HOLIDAY NOTICE: The Center will be closed the following days during the Christmas and New Year holidays:
- Wednesday December 20th 2017
- Wednesday December 27th 2017
- If the building seems locked when you arrive, ring the doorbell that is by the front door (the glass door on Madison street, under the number 900 - the doorbell is the single button on the far right.)
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Two computers, printer, scanner. We are a computer only center, there are no microfilm/microfiche facilities here.
Staff Research Specialties
We can assist you in using Family Search. We are open Wednesdays from 6:30-8pm, except any holiday closures noted above. You do not need an appointment to come in, these are walk-in hours, and a consultant will be available to assist. Coming in person is the best way to receive assistance. We look forward to seeing you!
Some Family Search databases are only accessible at a designated Family History Center. If you have run into that you are welcome to use our computers to access these materials.