Baltimore County, Maryland Genealogy
Guide to Baltimore County, Maryland ancestry, genealogy and family history, birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Information
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biographies
- 2.3 Business, Commerce, and Occupations
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census Records
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Directories
- 2.9 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.10 Ethnic, Political, and Religious Groups
- 2.11 Funeral Homes
- 2.12 Genealogies
- 2.13 Guardianship
- 2.14 Land and Property Records
- 2.15 Local Histories
- 2.16 Maps and Gazetteers
- 2.17 Migration
- 2.18 Military Records
- 2.19 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.20 Newspapers
- 2.21 Obituaries
- 2.22 Other Records
- 2.23 Periodicals
- 2.24 Probate Records
- 2.25 School Records
- 2.26 Tax Records
- 2.27 Vital Records
- 3 Research Facilities
- 4 Societies
- 5 Websites
- 6 Research Guides
- 7 References
The County was named for Cecil Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore. The County has Towson as its seat and the County was created June 30, 1659. The County is located in the north central area of the state.
Baltimore County Courthouse
400 Washington Ave
Towson, MD 21204-4606
Baltimore County Website
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, court, and land records from 1851.
Register of Wills has probate records.
Baltimore County, Maryland Record Dates
Information for this chart was taken from various sources, often containing conflicting dates. This information should be taken as a guide and should be verified by contacting the county and/or the state government agency.
There is no known history of courthouse disasters in this county.
For animated maps illustrating Maryland county boundary changes, *"Rotating Formation Maryland County Boundary Maps" (1637-1997) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
The following are locations in Baltimore County, Maryland:
Business, Commerce, and Occupations
- Baltimore National Cemetery
- Beth Tfiloh Cemetery, Woodlawn (see also Shaarei Tfilah Cemetery)
- Eucharist Sulpician Cemetery (in the Charlestown complex)
- Evangelimas Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cemetery, Catonsville, Woodlawn
- The Govanstown Cemetery (Baltimore County) is now online as part of the Govans Presbyterian Church web site. To go directly to the PDF Listings click on: Govanstown Cemetery Listings (If that does not work go to Govans Presbyterian Church and click on "cemetery listings")
- Hebrew Young Men's Cemetery, Catonsville, Woodlawn
- Historic Old Salem Cemetery, Catonsville (see Salem Cemetery, Catonsville)
- Lorraine Park Cemetery and Mausoleum, Woodlawn
- Melville Family Cemetery, Oella
- Merryman Family Cemetery, Oella
- New Cathedral Cemetery-near Catonsville
4300 Old Frederick Road,Baltimore,MD 21229
- Oella Cemetery, Rest Ave., near Catonsville (AKA Union Manufacturing Works Cemetery)
- New Cathedral Cemetery-near Catonsville
- Ogle-Hoffman Family Cemetery, Catonsville
- Moreland Memorial Park, Parkville
- Shaarie Tfilah Cemetery, Woodlawn (See also Beth Tfiloh Cemetery)
- Thistle Cemetery, Oella
- Trinity United Methodist Cemetery, Oella
- Union Manufacturing Works Cemetery, Oella
- United Methodist Church Cemetery, Glen Arm
- Westview Park Memorial Cemetery, Catonsville
- Woodlawn Cemetery & Chapel, Woodlawn, Baltimore County, Maryland Genealogy|Woodlawn Cemetery & Chapel, Woodlawn]]
For tips on accessing Baltimore County, Maryland Genealogy census records online, see: Maryland Census.
Federal Census reports available 1790-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
- 1785-1795 - Cox, Richard J. "Some Early Residents of Baltimore, Maryland, 1785-1795," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 67, No. 3 (Sep. 1979):202-209; Vol. 67, No. 4 (Dec. 1979):283-286. Digital version at National Genealogical Society website ($); FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 67 (1979).
Maryland State Archives' Guide to Maryland Religious Institutions is not intended to be a complete listing of all Religious institutions in Maryland. It was originally based upon the churches recorded by the Federal Works Progress Administration during a records survey conducted from 1935 to 1941. It has been expanded by later acquisitions from religious organizations to the Maryland State Archives.
- 1668-1995 Maryland, Church Records, 1668-1995 at FamilySearch — index
- Lutheran, Salem Lutheran Church, Various Church Records, 1848-1969 (in German and English)
- Protestant Episcopal, St. Thomas Church, Homestead, Register 1858-1895; Marriage Register 1956-1974 (includes history, families, baptisms, confirmations, marriages, communicants, burials, offerings, sundry contributions, reports, and vestry minutes)
- Protestant Episcopal, St. Thomas Church, Homestead, Register 1893-1962 (includes baptisms, confirmations, communicants, marriages, and burials)
Early Baptist churches:
- Edwards, Morgan, Materials Towards a History of the Baptists in the Provinces of Maryland Virginia North Carolina South Carolina Georgia Internet Archive
Church of England
Emigration and Immigration
Baltimore has been a port since colonial times. Unfortunately, no official passenger lists survive for the seventeenth or eighteenth centuries.
The New Early Settlers of Maryland database is a great place to start searching for immigrants who had arrived in the colony by the 1680s. The database "comprises 34,326 entries from Gust Skordas' Early Settlers of Maryland and Carson Gibb's Supplement to the Early Settlers of Maryland." Available online, courtesy: Maryland State Archives.
Other Baltimore County immigration resources include:
- Coldham, Peter Wilson. "Intercepted Letters Relating to America 1777-1811," The Genealogist, Vol. 14, No. 2 (Fall 2000):184-200; Vol. 15, No. 1 (Spring 2001):53-74. [Discusses overseas contacts of individuals with the following Baltimore County surnames: Albers, Anspach, Barry, Barton, Beatty, Beays, Belt, Bolte, Brothers, Brown, Browne, Brune, Buchanan, Burke, Campbell, Caton, Clarke, Courteney, Dickey, Dicky, Donnell, Dormy, Dorsly, Duncan, Gernon, Gillmer, Gilmore, Gittings [Gettings], Goverts, Graf, Grant, Grundy, Gwin, Haslett, Hoffman, Hollins, Holmes, Hudson, Kalkman, Konig, Lone, McCreery, McFadon, Maris, Merryman, Moncrieff, Olliver, Patterson, Pringle, Salmon, Sears, Sherlock, Smith, Somervell, Spears, Sterrett, Stewart, Stiles, Taylor, Thompson, Thorowgood, Valck, Von Kapffe, Von Stapff, Walsh, Williams, Williamson, Wilson, Yellot, Young, Zwisler.]
- List of imported servants and transported convicts from Europe who served labor terms in Colonial Baltimore City and County, Maryland (work in progress), courtesy: Immigrant Servants Database. [Includes Richard J. Cox's abstracts of Maryland Gazette runaways.]
Ethnic, Political, and Religious Groups
- 1936-2007 Maryland, Baltimore, Lock Funeral Home Records, 1936-2007 at FamilySearch — images
- [Alter] Alter, Mary Louise. Alter Family of Baltimore, MD, City and County. Indianapolis, Ind.: M.L. Alter, 2001. FHL Book 929.273 AL79am.
- [Anderson] Russell, George Ely. "The Swedish Settlement in Maryland, 1654," The American Genealogist, Vol. 54, No. 4 (Oct. 1978):203-210. FHL 973 D25aga v. 54.
- [Banneker] Russell, George Ely. "Molly Welsh: Alleged Grandmother of Benjamin Banneker," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 94, No. 4 (December 2006):305-314. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 94 (2006).
- [Booth] Hunter, Ann Wheat and Katherine Cullen King. The Family of William Booth (1798-1866) and Miranda Wright Booth (1802-1883) of Baltimore, Maryland and Richmond, Virginia, and Some of Their Descendants. Annandale, Va., 1996.
- [Brispo] Russell, George Ely. "Portuguese and Spanish Colonists in Seventeenth-Century Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 76, No. 1 (January 2001):50-60; Vol. 77, No. 1 (Apr. 2001):138-147. FHL 973 D25aga v. 76.
- [Chamberlain] Hylton, Betty Jane. "James Chamberlain," Bulletin of the Watauga Association of Genealogists, Vol. 39, No. 2 (2010):160-161.
- [Clements] Russell, George Ely. "The Swedish Settlement in Maryland, 1654," The American Genealogist, Vol. 54, No. 4 (Oct. 1978):203-210. FHL 973 D25aga v. 54
- [Cohen] Maryland Genealogies. A Consolidation of Articles from the Maryland Historical Magazine. 2 vols. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1980.
- [Cooper] Knoff, Dorothy Cooper. Corbin-Waite-Cooper of Baltimore County and City. East Sandwich, Mass.: D.C. Knoff, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 C811k.
- [Corbin] Knoff, Dorothy Cooper. Corbin-Waite-Cooper of Baltimore County and City. East Sandwich, Mass.: D.C. Knoff, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 C811k.
- [Cox] Leef, Rachel Cox and Celeste Webb. The Cox Family in Baltimore, from Cecil County, Md., the Davy Family in Baltimore, from London, England, the George Family of Talbott County, Maryland. MSS. Microfilmed 1954: FHL Film 746.
- [Crummer] Crummer, Larry D. Crummer Families of the United States and Canada Who Came from Ireland: Including the Lineages of Thomas Crummer of Delaware and Jo Daviess Co., IL.: John Crummer of Middlesex Co., Ontario, Canada George Crummer of Sullivan Co., MO.: William Crummer of Delaware Co., PA.: John and Nathaniel Crummer of Baltimore, MD.: John and Samuel Crummer of Pittsburgh, PA.: Robert Crummer of Co. Fermanagh, IRE., and Other Crummer Families of Canada and the United States. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, c1994. FHL Book 929.273 C888cL.
- [Davidson] Hinchliff, Helen. "Job Davidson, Cooper in Baltimore, Maryland, and His Long Lost Descendants in Ohio and Indiana: Using Occupation and Birthplace as Census Finding Aids," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 94, No. 2 (June 2006): 85-100. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 94 (2006).
- [Davy] Leef, Rachel Cox and Celeste Webb. The Cox Family in Baltimore, from Cecil County, Md., the Davy Family in Baltimore, from London, England, the George Family of Talbott County, Maryland. MSS. Microfilmed 1954: FHL Film 746.
- [Decosta] Russell, George Ely. "Portuguese and Spanish Colonists in Seventeenth-Century Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 76, No. 1 (January 2001):50-60; Vol. 77, No. 1 (Apr. 2001):138-147. FHL 973 D25aga v. 76
- [Durbin] Carson, Bettie Jewell Durbin. Durbin and Logsdon Genealogy With Related Families, 1626-1991. Bowie, Md.: Heritage Books, Inc., 1991. FHL Book 929.273 D932dL v. 1-2.
- [Eckler] Meyer, Mary Keysor. "The Eckler Family of Maryland and Kentucky," The Kentucky Genealogist, Vol. 23, No. 3 (July/September 1981):83-96. FHL Book 976.9 B2kg v. 23 (1981).
- [Gammon] Boyle, John. Boyle Genealogy: John Boyle of Virginia and Kentucky. St. Louis, Mo.: Perrin & Smith Printing Co., 1909. Digital version at Internet Archive.
- [Gammon] Barnhart, John D. “The Tennessee Constitution of 1796: A Product of the Old West,” The Journal of Southern History, Vol. 9, No. 4 (Nov. 1943):532-548. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- [Harris] Harris, Mrs. Norris. "The Harris Family of Baltimore and Harford Counties," The Maryland and Delaware Genealogist, Vol. 31, No. 2 (Spring 1990):68. FHL 975 B2m.
- [Holmes] Maynard, Fern. The Descendants of William and Honor (Wells) Holmes: Married 1740 - Baltimore, MD. 5 vols. Boulder, Colo.: F. Maynard, 1991-. FHL Book 929.273 H739m v. 1-5.
- [Horner] Hinds, Virginia Horner. Our Horner Ancestors: William of Fayette County, Pa. Son of Thomas of Baltimore, Md. ca. 1700-1991. Waverly, Ohio: V.H. Hinds, 1991. FHL Book 929.273 H784hv.
- [Jones] Bate, Kerry William. "Litton and Jones Families of Baltimore County, Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 53, No. 1 (Jan. 1977):23. FHL 973 D25aga v. 53
- [Lamkin] Wilkins, Harold E. and Barbara J. Mathews. The Descendants of Thomas Lamkin of the Northern Neck of Virginia. Boston, Mass.: Newbury Street Press, 2001. FHL Book 929.273 L187w.
- [Litton] Bate, Kerry William. "Litton and Jones Families of Baltimore County, Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 53, No. 1 (Jan. 1977):23. FHL 973 D25aga v. 53
- [MacGregor] McCurdy, Harold Grier. "James MacGregor and Thomas MackGehee of Colonial Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 24, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1980):243-251. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 24 (1980).
- [Mathews] Russell, George Ely. "The Swedish Settlement in Maryland, 1654," The American Genealogist, Vol. 54, No. 4 (Oct. 1978):203-210. FHL 973 D25aga v. 54
- [Pearson] Avant, David A. Some Southern Colonial Families. Tallahassee, Fla.: L'Avant Studios, 1982. Vol. 2. FHL Book 929.273 Av34ad v. 2.
- [Pierpoint] Hinchliff, Helen. "John Pierpoint of Baltimore County, Maryland: A Legacy of Prickly Pride," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 95, No. 1 (March 2007):41-54. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 95 (2007).
- [Philpot] Russell, George Ely. "Brian Philpot Family of Maryland: With Notes on English Relatives," The Genealogist, Vol. 17, No. 2 (Fall 2003):131-165.
- [Reister] Marks, Lillian Bayly. Reister's Desire, the Origin of Reisterstown, Maryland, Founded 1758, with a Genealogical History of the Reister Family and Sketches of Allied Families. Baltimore, Md., 1975.
- [Ruppert] Ruppert, Gary B. "From the Rhineland to the Chesapeake: the German-American Rupperts of Nineteenth-Century Baltimore," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 82, No. 4 (December 1994):269-291. FHL Book 973 B2ng
- [Rust] Rust, Ellsworth Marshall. Rust of Virginia: Genealogical and Biographical Sketches of the Descendants of William Rust, 1654-1940. Washington, D.C.: Rust, 1940. FHL Book 929.273 R922re.
- [Sands] Wilkins, W.N. Samuel Sands of Baltimore, Md. (1800-1892) and the First Printing of the Stars [sic] Spangled Banner, A Poem by Francis Scott Key, (1814). Baltimore Md.: Ida Charles Williams Foundation, 1956. FHL Film 962260 Item 16.
- [Taylor] Dennstedt, Albert Marjorie. "Richard and Ann Taylor's Descendants in Maryland and Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1996):29-38; Vol. 40, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1996):134-145; Vol. 40, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1996):199-211; Vol. 40, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1996):282-293. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg.
- [Todd] Stanard, W.G. "The Todd Family," The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 3, No. 1 (Jul. 1895):79-83. Digital version at JSTOR - free.
- [Todd] Wiatt, Alexander Lloyd. The Descendants of Stephen Field of King and Queen County, Virginia, 1721: With Notes on the Armistead, Booth, Catesby-Cocke, Catlett, Jones, Lightfoot, Smith, Tabb, Todd and Wiatt Families. n.p.: A. Wiatt, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 F458w.
- [Tracey] Dennstedt, Albert Marjorie. "Richard and Ann Taylor's Descendants in Maryland and Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 40, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1996):29-38; Vol. 40, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1996):134-145; Vol. 40, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1996):199-211; Vol. 40, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1996):282-293. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg.
- [Uhrbrock] Uhrbrock, Richard Stephen. "The Uhrbrock Family of Schleswig-Holstein, Hanover, New York, and Maryland," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 55, No. 3 (Sep. 1967):163-175. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 55.
- [Utie] "Captain John Utie, of Utimaria, Esq.," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 4, No. 1 (Jul. 1895):52-58. Digital version at JSTOR - free.
- [Waite] Knoff, Dorothy Cooper. Corbin-Waite-Cooper of Baltimore County and City. East Sandwich, Mass.: D.C. Knoff, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 C811k.
- [Wheeler] Wheeler Cousins. Aurora, Mo.: Means Lithographers, 1984. FHL Book 929.273 W562w; Available at Virginia Historical Society.
- [Whitaker] Whitaker-Buck, Ruby M. Mark Whitaker, Baltimore County, Maryland (c1670-1729) and Allied Families. Sacramento, Calif.: privately published, 1992. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online - free.
- [Wright] Hardy, Stella Pickett. Colonial Families of the Southern States of America. New York: Tobias A. Wright, 1911. Digital version at Google Books - free.
Land and Property Records
Through a Joint eGovernment Service of the Maryland Judiciary and the Maryland State Archives, free images and indexes of the complete series of Baltimore County Deed Books (1653-present) have been uploaded to their website: A Digital Image Retrieval System for Land Records in Maryland. (Requires free registration.)
Maps and Gazetteers
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital version at Google Books. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Maryland, Baltimore County on page 127.]
War of 1812
- List of Pensioners on the Roll, January 1, 1883; Giving the Name of Each Pensioner, the Cause for Why Pensioned, the Post-Office Address, the Rate of Pension Per Month, and the Date of Original Allowance... Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1883. FHL Collection 973 M2Lp v. 5; digital versions at Google Books and Internet Archive. [See Vol. 5, Maryland, Baltimore County, pp. 111-139. Identifies hundreds of War of 1812 veterans living in this county in 1883.]
- 1861-1865 - Maryland, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch — index
- 1861-1865 - Maryland, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865 at FamilySearch — index
Regiments. Service men in Baltimore served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Baltimore:
- - 1st Regiment, Maryland Eastern Shore Infantry, Company I.
- - 1st Regiment, Maryland Cavalry (Union)
- - 1st Regiment, Maryland Cavalry, Potomac Home Brigade, Companies E, F, G, H, I, K, L, and M.
- - 1st Regiment, Maryland Infantry, Potomac Home Brigade, Companies C, G, and K.
- - 2nd Regiment, Maryland Cavalry (6 months, 1863-1864), Companies A, B, C and E.
- - 2nd Regiment, Maryland Eastern Shore Infantry, Company F.
- - 3rd Regiment, Maryland Infantry, Potomac Home Brigade, Companies B and F.
- - 3rd Regiment, Maryland Cavalry, Companies A, B, C, H, I, and K.
- - 4th Regiment, Maryland Infantry, Potomac Home Brigade, Company B.
- - 5th Regiment, Maryland Infantry , Companies B, C, D, E, F, G, H and K.
- - 6th Regiment, Maryland Infantry,Companies C, F and I.
- - 7th Regiment, Maryland Infantry, Companies D and K.
- - 8th Regiment, Maryland Infantry- Companies B, C, D, F and G.
- - 9th Regiment, Maryland Infantry (6 months, 1863-1864), Companies A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and K.
- - Purnell Legion, Maryland Cavalry, Companies A, B, and C.
- - Purnell Legion, Maryland Infantry, Companies A, B, C, F, H and K.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Though it does not appear on the FamilySearch Catalog under the naturalization section of the City of Baltimore or Baltimore County, the Family History Library has acquired published abstracts of Baltimore naturalizations from 1784 through 1854:
- Oszakiewski, Robert Andrew. Maryland Naturalization Abstracts. Baltimore County and Baltimore City [1784-1854]. Westminster, Maryland: Family Line Publications, 1995. Available at FHL US/CAN Book 975.2 P48o.
- Baltimore County newspapers are identified in "Guide to Maryland Newspapers," available online, courtesy: Special Collections, Maryland State Archives.
Online Probate Records
- 1629–1999 Maryland, Register of Wills records, 1629-1999 at FamilySearch index and images. Note: this collection is being updated as images become available; online availability of records for Baltimore County may not yet be complete.
- 1634-1777 Probate Records, Colonial Index, 1634-1777 online at Maryland State Archives website - free
- 1635–1743 Maryland Calendar of Wills 1635-1743 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1635–1777 Maryland Wills and Probate Records, 1635-1777 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1796–1940 Maryland Probate Estate and Guardianship Files , 1796-1940 at FamilySearch images
- Baltimore And Anne Arundel County Last Will and Testaments and Other Probate/Estate Related Documents
- Orphans Court Notices (Probate, Administration of Estates, and Some Equity Suits)
- 1678, 1681 - 1678 and 1681 Baltemore County tax lists, available online, courtesy: MDGenWeb.
- 1783 - Baltimore County Tax List of 1783: This is an alphabetical index to names to all property owners assessed. The index cards at the Maryland State Archives include county, hundred, names of tracts of land and whether individuals were paupers or single males as provided in the law.
- 1797 - Cox, Richard J. "Baltimore City 1797 Special Tax List," National Genealogical Society Quarterly, Vol. 66 (1978):188-191. FHL Book 973 B2ng v. 66 (1978).
- 1798 - Horvath, George J. The Particular Assessment Lists for Baltimore and Carroll Counties - 1798. Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1991.
- 1869 - Baltimore County, Maryland 5th District Collection Book, 1869
- 1658-1940 Maryland County Marriages, 1658-1940 at FamilySearch — index
- 1666-1970 Maryland Marriages, 1666-1970 at FamilySearch — index
- 1777- Marriages in Baltimore County, beginning in 1777.
- 19th, 20th Century Baltimore Marriage Announcements from 19th and 20th Century Newspapers--Sorted by Groom's surname
- 1800-1816 Transcripts of Marriage Licenses from January 1800 through December 1816
- 1897-1915 Transcript of a few Baltimore County Marriage Licenses between 1897 and 1915 Sorted by Groom
- 1897-1915 Transcript of a few Baltimore County Marriage Licenses between 1897 and 1915 Sorted by Bride
- Maryland Marriage References by Robert Barnes - free.
- Marriage Records - Maryland State Archives
- 1898-1944 Maryland Death Index 1898-1944
Family History Centers
Family History Centers provide one-on-one assistance and free access to premium genealogical websites. In addition, many centers have free how-to genealogy classes.
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Baltimore Maryland Family History Center
- Hampstead Maryland Family History Center
- Enoch Pratt Free Library
400 Cathedral Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
- The Goodwin Library and Robert L. Weinberg Family History Center
at the Jewish Museum
15 Lloyd Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: 410 732-6400 x213
Phone: 410 732-6400 x224
- The Jewish Museum of Maryland
at the Herbert Bearman Campus
15 Lloyd Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Afro-American Historical and Genealogical Society
P. O. Box 9366
Baltimore, MD 21229-3125
- Baltimore County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 10085
Towson, MD 21285-0085
- Baltimore County Genealogical Society Library
Parkville Senior Center
3rd Floor, Room 308
8601 Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
- The Historical Society of Baltimore County Library
9811 Van Buren Lane
Cockeysville, MD 21030
- Baltimore County, Maryland Genealogy, History and Facts (Genealogy Inc)
- The Baltimore County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- "Baltimore Co.," in Genealogical Sources in Periodicals at The Maryland State Archives.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Baltimore County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Baltimore County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch Catalog - The FamilySearch catalog contains descriptions and access information for all genealogical materials (including books, online materials, microfilm, microfiche, and publications) in their collection. Use Historical Records to search for specific individuals in genealogical records
- Barnes, Robert. Guide to Research in Baltimore City and County. 2nd Edition. Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1993.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Maryland.At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- William Hand Browne, ed., Archives of Maryland: Proceedings and Acts of the General Assembly of Maryland October 1678-November 1683 (Baltimore: Maryland Historical Society, 1889).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Baltimore," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltimore_County,_Maryland."
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Baltimore Arundel County, Maryland page 317, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Maryland.At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- Wikipedia contributors, "4th Maryland Regiment," http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Maryland_Regiment, accessed 31 May 2012.
- Wikipedia contributors, "7th Maryland Regiment," http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7th_Maryland_Regiment, accessed 31 May 2012.