Auckland St Anne, Durham Genealogy
Guide to Auckland St Anne, Durham family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Auckland St Anne, Durham|
|Poor Law Union||Auckland|
|Parish registers: 1855|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Durham (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Durham Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Auckland St Anne parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Auckland St Anne Online Parish Records|
|FS Marr Img||1594-1815|
|FS Catalog PRs|
To find the names of the neighboring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851 Map. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Records are also available at the Durham County Record Office.
Non Conformist Churches[edit | edit source]
- Circuit Registers: Baptisms 1912-1936
- Circuit Registers (Primitive): Baptisms 1859-1945
- Circuit Registers (Wesleyan): Baptisms 1838-1962.
- Newgate (Unitarian): Baptisms 1934-1938, Marriages 1915-1959
- South Road (Unitarian): Baptisms 1905-1935
- Baptisms 1876-1904
- St. Wilfred: Baptisms, marriages & burials 1849-1916
Society of Friends
- Bishop Auckland Preparative Meeting: 1715-1894
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Durham Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
Auckland St Anne (see Auckland St Andrew) on GENUKI
Bishop Auckland St Anne on GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), Adapted. Date accessed: 13 December 2013.
- Searching Parish Records online (Durham) - The Following Parishes are Available at TheGenealogist, ParishRegister.co.uk, accessed 23 April 2019.