Atlanta Georgia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our center serves the greater Atlanta area.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1469 Lee St Atlanta GA 30310 United States (next to the Oakland City MARTA station)
- 1-404-755-7624 or 1-206-334-6875
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Other days:By appointment , please call 1-206-334-6875
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas thru New Year's Day.
Calendar and Events
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 desktop computers with FamilySearch internet access
- Printers, Scanner, Copier
- 1 microfiche readers
- 1 overhead microfilm readers
We encourage visitors to bring their own digital cameras for copying images from microfilm or microfiche, so you have your own digital record that you can take home.
Patrons may bring their own laptops for note-taking or entering information into personal genealogical programs, with the disclaimer that the owner is responsible for the security of the device. Wireless internet is currently available i the building, although there may be days when availability is limited due to high usage or updating.
If you make an appointment in advance (other than our regular Wednesday evening hours), you will get at least an hour one-on-one with an experienced family history researcher.
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)