Athens Ohio Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Athens Family History Center serves the Athens, Hocking, Jackson, Meigs, Pike, Perry, Vinton County areas and provides access to online resources.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7795 Lemaster Rd The Plains, OH 45780 United States
- The center is located inside the front entrance of the Latter-Day Saint building.
- Language:English. If a translator is needed, we may be able to find someone to help.
- Jenny D Theibert - 1 740 590 7009
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-8:30pm and by appointment.
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours.
This center will be closed Wednesday 27 December 2017 in observance of the Christmas Holiday.
Calendar and Events
Special individual workshops available. Please contact the director for more information.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: As of September 1, 2017 Microfilm ordering is no longer available. This center has only a very limited permanent collection of films.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, microfilm reader, microfich, printer, scanner
- Unfortunately, we do NOT have a library of print books available.
Staff Research Specialties
Searching online public records
Organizing and helping set up online family tree accounts
Resources in the Local Area
The Athens County Historical Society
Volunteer at the Center
Volunteers from the community are welcome!