Atescatempa, Jutiapa, Guatemala Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Municipality of Atescatempa ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- The country of El Salvador was the origin of the pipiles who were the first settlers of Atescatempa.
- The region of Mita de Chiquimula was segregated on February 25, 1848, it became a department and was divided into three districts: Jutiapa, Santa Rosa and Jalapa, with Atescatempa being part of Jutiapa.
- Atescatempa became official as a municipality of the department of Jutiapa in February 1896.
- The municipality of Atescatempa has a population of approximately 16,000 people. 
- Registros civiles, 1858-1940 -Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Guatemala, Jutiapa, Atescatempa, registro civil -Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1842-1881 Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- There are no records only for the municipality of Atescatempa. See the records of neighboring municipalities.
- Cementerio Municipal De Atescatempa
- El Rosario
- El Sitio
- Las Vegas
- Los Cerros
- San Cristobal
- San Cristobal Frontera
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Atescatempa," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atescatempa . Visited 01 December 2017