Asheville North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 3401 Sweeten Creek Rd Arden NC 28704 United States
- We are in the LDS Church Building across Rosscragon Road from BB Barns.
- Drive to the back of the building where there is a row of parking.
- We are in the glass door on the ground floor through the small lobby and the glass door on your left is the main entrance to the FHC.
- We will be glad to see you and help in any way we can.
- Wednesday: 5:30pm-8:30pm
'Closed any day Buncombe County Schools are closed because of bad weather 'Closed the week of Thanksgiving: Closed two weeks for Christmas:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Local Collections: We have about 1500 microfilms in the center on indefinate loan from the SLC FH Library. they include quite a few from NC and other Eastern US states.
- We have many Genealogical Journals (about 60 types) such as New England Historical and Genealogical Register, The Connecticut Nurmegger, NGS Journals, etc.
- We have books about North and South Carolina, Pennsylvania, Germany and other localities.
- We have over 100 Family and Personal Histories.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. We can also access Ellis Island Information and info from other ports.
- Hardware and Equipment This Center has 6 computers for use by the public. One of them is connected to a Microfilm Scanner so that you can save immages to a flash drive or make a print. We also have an old Reader/Printer that still makes good copies.
- We have 5 Microfilm Readers and three MicroFiche Readers.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
We have staff who can help with general beginning research. We will be happy to help however we can.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
For help and guidelines for editing this page, see the Adding details to a FHC page article.