Arkansas Deaths and Burials (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Arkansas Deaths and Burials, 1882-1929; 1945-1963
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Arkansas, United States|
|Flag of Arkansas|
|Location of Arkansas|
|Record Type||Death and Burials Index|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This is an electronic index of deaths and burials for the years 1882 to 1929 and 1945 to 1963. This index is not complete for any particular place, region or time period. This collection may include information previously published in the International Genealogical Index or Vital Records Index collections.
What Can These Records Tell Me?
The following information may be found in these records:
Death / Burial
- Burial date and place
- Death date and place
- Birth date and place
- Marital Status
- Parents' names and birth places
|Lydia Smith||Arkansas Deaths and Burials|
|Burial Place||Antioch Cemetery|
|Death Date||03 Apr 1916|
|Death Place||Logan, Arkansas|
|Birth Date||03 Apr 1916|
|Birthplace||Corley, Logan Co, Ark|
|Father's Name||Omer Sanford Smith|
|Father's Birthplace||Carley, Ark|
|Mother's Name||Lydia Cowger|
|Mother's Birthplace||Yell Co, Ark|
A coverage table for this collection is available in the wiki article Arkansas Deaths and Burials, Coverage Table (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Use this file to help you learn more about your ancestors. The information could help you identify family relationships and lineages as well as direct you to original records of your ancestors, which may contain additional information.
The table below will help you in identifying the locality, how many records there are, the film number, and the number of records indexed.
|Locality||Record type||Record Description||FHL microfilm number||FHL microfilm Item #||No. of records indexed|
|Carroll County||Vital record||Delayed death records, 1877-1958||1035339||Item 2||8|
|Dallas County||Vital record||Death records, 1918-1922||985125||Item 3||76|
|Franklin County||Vital record||Death records recorded with delayed birth records, 1936-1954||1027668||Item 4||5|
|Garland County||Vital record||Death records, 1895-1917||1011894||Items 3-4||10,043|
|Logan County||Vital record||Death records, 1914-1923||1027146||Items 4-5||321|
|Marion County||Vital record||Delayed death records, 1932-1954||1031115||Item 3||4|
|Nevada County||Vital record||Delayed death records, 1921-1932||1005257||Item 0||3|
|Searcy County||Vital record||Death records, 1919-1921||1031134||Item 1||131|
|Sebastian County||Vital record||Deaths records, 1881-1919||1034198||Items 3-4||12,818|
|Sebastian and Fort Smith counties||Vital record||City death records, 1945-1963; County death records, 1919-1929||1034199||Items 1-2, 4||15,541|
|Woodruff and Chicot counties||Church record||Death records, 1905-1950||1021422||Items 3-11||6|
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the person
- The location or date of the event
Search the Index
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
- Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members
I Found the Person I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find vital records such as birth, baptism, and marriage records
- Search for an obituary or a cemetery record
- Search for the actual death certificate
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names. Try searching for these names
The following articles will help you in your research for your family in the state of California.
- California Guided Research
- Research Tips and Strategies
- Step-by-Step Research: 1850-1905 | 1905-Present
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Arkansas, Deaths and Burials, 1882-1929; 1945-1963." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 4 June 2016. Index based upon data collected by the Genealogical Society of Utah, Salt Lake City.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.