Arkansas Church Marriages (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Arkansas Church Marriages, 1860-1976 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Arkansas, United States|
|Flag of Arkansas|
|Location of Arkansas|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection includes selected church marriages for the years 1860-1976. Many of the records are from Columbia and Woodruff counties. The collection may also have some other types of records mixed in.
Reading These Records
The records are written in German and English. Here are some resources for learning to read German records.
To Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Arkansas Church Marriages, 1860-1976.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Church marriages may contain:
- Birth year
- Birth place
- Parents’ names
- Marriage date
- Marriage place
- Marital status
- Previous spouse
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching this collection, it is helpful to know:
- The name of the bride and groom
- The location or date of the event
Search the Index
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select the County, Town
- Select the Church and Parish
- Select the Record Type and Year Range to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
For Help Reading these Records
These records are in German and English. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
What Do I Do Next?
- Whenever possible, view the original records to verify the information and to find additional information that might not be reported. These pieces of information can lead you to additional records and family members
I Found the Person I was Looking for, What Now?
- Use the age or estimated birth date to find other vital records, such as birth, baptism, marriage, and death records
- Search census records to find additional family members
- Search for a civil marriage record
- Search for other county records, such as probate, land, and tax
I Can’t Find the Person I’m Looking For, What Now?
- If your ancestor does not have a common name, collect entries for every person who has the same surname. This list can help you find possible relatives
- If you cannot locate your ancestor in the locality in which you believe they lived, then try searching a nearby locality
- Try different spellings of your ancestor’s name
- Remember that sometimes individuals went by nicknames or alternated between using first and middle names
- Try variations of your ancestor’s name while searching the index or browsing through images
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Arkansas Church Marriages, 1860-1976." Database with Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing churches and archives, Arkansas.
When looking at a record, the citation is found below the record.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.