Arica y Parinacota Region, Chile Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Chile Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Region of Arica y Parinacota
Guide to Region of Arica y Parinacota ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
Tarapacá, Chile Genealogy.
- In 1541, Villa San Marcos de Arica was founded, the first Spanish village in the region.
- In 1823, the Province of Arica was created as part of the Department of Arequipa, within the Republic of Peru. The province was incorporated to the Province of Tarapacá in 1837.
- In the year 1884 as part of the Treaty of Ancon, the Peruvian department of Tarapacá was incorporated into Chile.
- In 2005 the Region of Arica and Parinacota was created.
- The Arica and Parinacota Region has an approximate population of 240,000 people. 
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Región de Arica y Parinacota," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regi%C3%B3n_de_Arica_y_Parinacota. Visited 20 July 2017.