|Argentina Research Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Argentina is bordered by Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Brazil, and Uruguay. In 1810 the provinces belonging to the Río de la Plata separated themselves from the crown of Spain. In 1816, the United Provinces of the Rio Plata formally declared their independence from Spain. Spanish is the official language.
Getting Started with Argentina Research
Links to articles on getting started with Argentina research.
Argentina Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Argentina research.
Argentina Clickable Map
Argentina is politically divided into 23 provinces and 1 autonomous city. Understanding political divisions is essential to doing family history, because these divisions determine where records are recorded and archived. To learn more about Argentina's political division, Click here. To visit the page of a particular province, just click on the name of the province on either the map or the list below.
Click on a province below to go to the province wiki article listing more information.
More Argentina Research Strategies
Research strategies give guidance on how to research or what records to search for first. Below are additional research strategy wiki articles for Argentina.
More Argentina Research Tools
Research tools can include resources that assist in locating correct records to search and determining the correct locality to search in. Below are links and wiki articles to research tools in Argentina.
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Latin America FamilySearch Tutorials Latin America Research
- Historical Records - Listing of all records collections for Argentina available on FamilySearch.org
- Family History Center locator map
- Search page
- Introduction to Hispanic Research
- U.S. Hispanic Immigration
- U.S. Hispanic Immigrants: Finding their Place of Origin
- Improve your Search Results in FamilySearch Hispanic Records
- Reading Spanish Handwritten Records:
- Lesson 1: The Spanish Alphabet
- Lesson 2: Words and Dates
- Lesson 3: Reading Spanish Records
- Hispanic Online Resources
- Wikipedia contributors, "Argentina," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina, accessed 23 March 2016.