Apuldram, Sussex Genealogy
Guide to Apuldram, Sussex ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Hundred||Box and Stockbridge|
|Poor Law Union||Westhampnett|
|Parish registers: 1661|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1594|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) of Chichester for the Archdeaconry of Chichester|
|Location of Archive|
|Sussex Record Office|
APPLEDRAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of West Hampnett, hundred of Box and Stockbridge, rape of Chichester, W. division of Sussex, 1¾ mile (S. W.) from Chichester; The church is in the early English style.
Apuldram or Appledram (St. Mary) is an Ancient Parish; the church has been designated a grade I listed building British listed bilding
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
From 1837 this parish was in the Westhmpnett registration district From 1935 this became part of Chichester registration district
Certificates can be ordered from West Sussex
Centralised Certificates Office
West Sussex Record Office
Phone: 01243 642122
Apuldram, Sussex Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|APULDRAM PARISH Online Records|
Link to the FamilySearch Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Apuldram<
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
See Sussex Census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Sussex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 62-66.Date Accessed: 16 September 2013
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Sussex, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 3 January 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 15 December 2013.
- Sussex Online Parish Clerks, accessed 7 January 2014.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.